All Core Devs Meeting #2

Meeting Date/Time: 2018/07/30

Agenda

  • Introduce team members who haven’t already met each other (~0-10min)
  • Aragon One updates from last call and current priorities (~5-10min)
  • Aragon DAC updates from last call and current priorities (~5-10min)
  • Technical freeform discussion

Proposed Topics

  • Future of aragon-ui (@bpierre)
  • Future of Aragon Package Manager (@izqui)
  • ETHBerlin planning (@izqui)
  • Gitcoin bounties (@sohkai)
  • Unstructured storage in aragonOS
  • aragonOS versioning

Notes

Actions Step: GRIFF: Reach out to Jordi, Barry, Adria for audit changes review.

Find a contingency for a second look at the contract audits (AragonOS)

Look at audit timeline for front end code (long term?)

  • High level vs. react specifics?
  • Start looking into a high level audit around general assumptions
  • Actions Step: GRIFF: Contact Adria for front end/contract review?

Aragon CLI:

  • Bug: aragon run seems to serving old versions of an app sometimes, when used repeatedly (possibly due to arapp.json)
  • Aragon run completely ignores the arapp.json
  • Maybe aragon run doesn’t push some flags to its aragon publish task?
  • Reduce build times / delays with developing using aragon run
  • Aragon run should use the http provider instead of ipfs to get hot reloading (this is already ready in the frontend) <- top priority
  • Add option to avoid opening the browser on aragon run

Future of Aragon UI

  • UI toolkit currently used to build aragon apps
  • Generalize it to a design system (so that anyone can use it, not just Aragon or blockchain apps)
  • What needs to be done to move in this direction?
    • Start building components specific to DApp needs (not just aragon apps)
    • Make sure that all standard UI toolkit components are provided
    • Support more than just the aragon colors
    • Rename it to be more generalized
    • Community vote to rename project
  • Potentially working with another team (Web3 UX) to build more components
    • They’re currently in the research phase for generic blockchain ui frameworks
  • Involve the DAC in building aragon-ui

Future of APM

  • Built out of necessity: Aragon needed a package manager to provide a completely decentralized app
  • Ability to “push” updates?
  • Going forward will be working with a seperate team (Zeppelin) to potentially collaborate on a generalized version of APM while preserving the needs of Aragon
  • Respect EthPM spec and try to move this standard forward
  • Neutral branding
  • See what potential use cases are for other projects and see how the tool can be adapted while preserving the needs of the Aragon ecosystem
  • See what will be reused on the upgradability side of things; Zeppelin and Aragon have different approaches
  • Sync up next core devs call

ETHBerlin

  • CLI:
    • Documentation? ← highest leverage
      • CLI will have its own section in the documentation page
      • Derek and Arthur to set up call to go over documentation update
    • Mini hackathon in SF on Aug. 18 - 19 to test out documentation and CLI tooling
  • Human resources:
    • Unclear at this time, due to uncertainty with hiring

Gitcoin

  • Move over to Gitcoin from SOB
  • Blocker for Giveth?: can’t directly use Gitcoin yet due to how transfering ETH to fund issues works right now (requires data)
  • Maybe it’s only for creating a bounty?
  • Will revisit

AragonOS storage

License

This template is borrowed from the Ethereum All Core Devs call notes template and inherits the same CC-BY-SA 3.0 License.