All Aragon Devs #20
Call #20: April 15, 2019 8am PST / 11am EST / 3pm UTC / 5pm CEST
- Appoint note takers
- Introduce team members who haven’t already met each other (~0-10min)
- Aragon One updates from last call and current priorities (~5-10min)
- Aragon Autark updates from last call and current priorities (~5-10min)
- Open Work Labs updates from last call and current priorities (~2min)
- Aragon Mesh updates from the last call and current priorities (~5-10min)
- Aragon Black updates from the last call and current priorities (~5-10min)
- Security partner updates
- [email protected] released (A1)
- [email protected] released (A1)
- 0.7 staging testers wanted! (A1)
- App Center listings (A1)
- Organization identity (Autark)
- IPFS Pinning proposals - Feedback and discussion (Autark/OWL)
- Mostly involved on AGP process and 0.7 release and 0.6 to 0.7 upgrade process
- Deploying an un-audited version of payroll app
- Local identity badges will only be available to DAOs with contracts upgraded to 0.7
- Update about the Court implementation?
- Experimenting with different checkpointing implementations
- Staking being closer to wrapped up
- Finishing up most of TPS
- Deploying to Rinkeby now
- Posted two forum posts related to the IPFS pinning and IPFS pinning issues
- Plans for the next two weeks:
- Start frontend implementation of Home app: will reconcile what can be fully implemented given the current stack
- Begin AragonAPI research for enhanced forwarding and generate specs
Open Work Labs
- CLI. Cleaning stuff on the documentation, issue templates, refactoring. Trying to figure out where we are now and what could the roadmap be for the next versions.
- Work on
apm publishby jorge (will be releasing soon, so you can publish a new version with a vote)
- Work on the CLI extensibility on-going
- Working on documentation and testing for next few weeks
- No one from Authio
- Reviewed the last aragon-apps PRs, minor changes
- Compiling summary of network audit needs among various projects
- Focused on bonding curve and batched order system—should be ready before next all dev call
- Working with Patty on frontend.
- Talking with Luke about best user perspective on Apiary. How does bonding curve work? How should it be used by a user?
- Update and commit things from the browser without CLI. Use cases are things like drafting proposal. Working on frontend lib for this.
- By next call Aragon Network Vote #2 will be completed.
- Vote opens Thursday, Apr. 25
- Move tokens to the wallet you're going to vote with before the vote starts.
- Aragon UI released.
- Includes components for Identities Provider
- Staging is available for testers. Especially those that are familiar with Aragon and have organizations.
- Will be making updates over next few days before 0.7 release.
- App Center.
- Discover apps panel: curated lists of application. TPS, Pando, Espesso and Aragon One apps.
@sohkaion Rocket chat to get your app listed (and how!)
Organization identity —> forum post
- Similar UX to permissions app.
- If we're designing apps, devs should think about widgets.
- Make it easier for a user see votes and vote.
- Will try to support a few different blog solutions. Rss feeds.
- Ideas to connect chat apps with widgets to see org chat.
- Where is data going to be stored?
- Where do we want content blocks?
- REST API as well as our own node.
- Our API can handle requests from clients and pin to node providers. We can pin to multiple additional services.
- We can store that data in traditional dbs like mongo so we can query and cache data. This still allows for content verifiability.
- Textile uses developer keys and JWTs. We could use this to help build authentication but needs to fleshed out.
- Signing messages doesn't prevent ddos.
- We could look at permissions or ANT levels.
- Every org has it's own backend and pin files themselves instead of having one large service that serves every organization.
- We could have this resource at a network level. Could be distributed to flock teams.
- Filecoin could be integrated into this. Need to look into ethereum-filecoin integrations.
- See in-progress implementation: openworklabs/pinning-service.
Aragon Black: Olivier
A1: Brett, Facu, Bingen, Jorge, Maria
Autark: Yalda, Kevin
Open Work Labs: Jon Schwartz, Thomas O'Brien
Aragon Mesh: Gabi, Daniel
Consensys Diligence: John
Authio: No one