Nest WG call #1
Call happening on 17th of October, 5PM CEST
Presentation of the Nest Program Analysis Worked on by @Joeycharlesworth and @Burrrata
Link to presentation slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1J4At-ebSI1uVQ2jxo650WV49P1atuFP4fGr-_SHW1Sk/edit?usp=sharing
Going through the Nest Grant allocation funnel
Sourcing: Nest is seeing a small fraction of teams that could apply to the program
- Need to implement a CRM system
- Encourage for profits to apply
- Have scouts to hunt deals
Due Diligence: Currently few people involved and not very structured
- Have 1 person due dil reports doing in depth analysis for Nest proposals and presented to Nest WG
- We should adapt due dils according to the amount of the funding
Selection:For now we have 25% acceptance on proposals submitted to the repo
- We need to be more selective!
Support: We need to provide more support on different things
- Make sure they understand the tech stack and have support on that
- Help teams get user feedback on what they are building
Shipping: is hard we have to help people get audits and legal counsel, as well as marketing
Retention: we need to do more to keeep our Nesteeees after they are done with grants!
- Most former grantees have left the ecosystem
- We could invite Nest graduates to join the Nest DAO as a member :)
- Nest grantees can have shared ownership in each other's projects
- set clear goals
- have more projects shipping on mainnet
Marketing: The more marketing the more applicants, the better the products shipped :)
- Diplay our portfolio
- give more updates
- provide transparency on how the Nest DAO runs!
Github is cool but it is not a CRM, we have to get a CRM it is much better to manager our pipeline.
Incentive alignment: for now there is low community engagement. Lack of structure and accountability. People in the Nest DAO are busy!
- Create roles in the Nest DAO
- Split funding milestones based
- Have Nest teams operate as Aragon DAOs
- Have a Nest manager to be responsible and champion a given Nest project. Gets 16% of project funds
- The Nest DAO WGs need to get 4% of funds for their participation in the different steps of the process
- This 20% are extra on top of funds allocated to a given Nest project
- 35% of Nest budget will go to the Nest program functioning and ops/support the rest goes to grantees
Next steps: There is a next steps section in the google doc.
Conversation following the presentation
- The Nest DAO members reward sharing is a tricky topic
- What is the plan to have community buy in?
- release the slides first and a recording of the presentation on Youtube
- How many Nest managers would we need?
- It can be done with light input by a few Nest Managers
- The program itself should be structured so everything is easy to do
- We should not be exclusive to who can or cannot be a Nest Manager or Nest DAO member.
ROI and evaluation metrics can be specific to a given project. Some are universal though like retention of talents.
We need to DECIDE WHAT ARE THE HIGHER LEVEL OBJECTIVES FOR ARAGON to establish the objectives of the Nest program
Ethereum foundation grants team sync during DevconV
- Eager to collaborate
- Peferably collaborate on things that would directly benefit to Aragon
- Invite an EF person to be a member of the Nest DAO