Strategy call #8 Notes
Aragon Analysis and Strategy
Goal: - within a 1 month time frame, shine a light on problems and get community feedback on those problems, then design strategies to get to product/market fit ASAP
Phase 0 - Vision Consensus
Objective: Identify the community vision and reach a consensus on what most people are here for, including the founders. This will comprise a consolidated 2 year vision (short-term to find product market fit) and longer-term vision (20 years+).
Deadline for community submissions: Wednesday 30th October
Deadline for communicating Flock team leads: Wednesday 30th October
Process: a) Community replies to this forum post: https://forum.aragon.org/t/community-reunion-your-vision-for-aragon/1387/8
b) Louis will consolidate answers to examine common trends for the 20 year / 2 year vision.
c) Flock teams to inform Louis who will be the lead coordinator for their team by Wed 30th October.
Phase 1 - Problem identification / Data Collection
Objective: Phase 1 of this exercise involves a community driven exploration into Aragon's respective product lines to understand problems/blockers that have occurred historically, or are likely to occur, and prevent a rapid discovery of product market fit. This in-depth research will be community curated with representatives from each Flock teams as well as Nest teases acting acting as lead facilitators. Part of this phase will involve a feasibility study to understand how well they align to Aragon's community curated 2 year vision. We intend to not only surface the most important problems but also collect as many data points as possible within the time period available to back them up.
***Deadline for problem/supporting data submissions:** Friday 8th November *
Process: - Aragon Analysis and Strategy leads will drive the process forward. This includes creating the framework around the project, posting updates to the working group, aggregating community feedback, posting milestone based updates to the forum, and producing phase 0 and phase 1 of the report. - Aragon team leads will provide insight into how their team sees the Aragon vision, the pain points they experience (and see Aragon experiencing), and how we can best move forward with strategies to address those pain points. - Aragon community members will have the opportunity to weigh in on milestone based (phase 0, 1, and 2) forum posts explaining what we did and what we will do next.
**Phase 2 - Solution identification / simulation planning / **
Objective: The problems identified in Phase 1 will be presented to the community prior to phase 2 starting. The objective of phase 2 is to obtain community curated potential solutions to these problems. It's likely that the recommendations and solutions will be numerous, and we expect there to be varying points of views across community members. Some of these will be subjective and others may be quantifiable. For those which are quantifiable, we invite community members to submit a simulation analysis to support potential solutions that they provide.
As with phase 1, phase 2 will also involve comparing potential solutions to each other in reference to Aragon's 2 year vision, cash reserves, and simulated growth projections.
- Aragon Analysis and Strategy leads will drive the process forward. This includes creating the framework around the project, posting updates to the working group, aggregating community feedback, posting milestone based updates to the forum, and writing up phase 2 of the report.
- Aragon team leads will provide insight into how their team sees potential solutions and how we can best move forward with strategies to address those pain points.
- Aragon community members will have the opportunity to weigh in and submit their own solutions & recommendations to the problems.
- The final report will be posted to the forum for the entire Aragon community to read and discuss.
Deadline for community recommendations / solutions: Friday 15th November *
Deadline for report completion: Friday 22nd November *
Next Steps: - Create Forum post explaining the goals, process, and how people can get involved. - Keep the Strategy WG involved by posting weekly updates and opportunities to contribute to the Aragon chat channel - Share the data being used in the data discovery process with the Strategy WG (key questions, interview templates, etc...).
- Javi (wants to collaborate on data aggregation and analysis)
Aragon Team Collaborators
- Cem needs to check that with the Aragon Black team who is most relevant
- Javi from Autark is opting in to collaborate on the report
- Ping Maria for Aaragon One to ask her for some help
- Regarding Nest teams, reach out to targeted teams and ask them a specific set of questions in order to debunk problems
Aragon Team Collaboration
- The way YC does it is that teams give feedback to each other
- Batching projects and teams as cohorts. Teams have other teams working with them at the same time
- Create a program for people and teams to provide feedback. Like a bounty based program for user feedback
- Autark is going to launch its community DAO to foster community feedback
- Aragon Black is exploring how bonding curves could contribute to team collaboration and rewards
Simple actionable model we can work with right now - improved ecosystem directory - introduce CFDAO and Nest teams to other teams within their cohort - bounties for user feedback and testing
Start as simple as possible simple with a social contract (since team collaboration is social). Then see what works and what doesn't.
Then create a more formal program that is clearly defined and has rewards (User Feedback DAO).
Then explore more complex mechanisms with Aragon Fundraising and/or Open Enterprise.
We need to track legal status on Aragon apps, such as fundraising, so that we can actually dogfood our own applications.
TBD on what this looks like, but the Aragon Black team (who built and wants to use Aragon Fundraising) is consulting with legal experts to determine how to move forward.
AGP 118 also seeks to address this by providing legal council to Aragon teams building Aragon applications.
Knowledge sharing across teams
- Use notion to organize information across teams
- The Association should subscribe to a Notion for all teams
- Each team could decide which notion pages they want to open up to other teams. Put these links in a single page which would act as a repository
- Access to shared software is really important for collaboration. For example a CRM, Google Drive with relevant docs, customer support tickets and feedback for product teams, etc...
- Ping John Light to have his take on different tools