Aragon Strategy WG call #10
Call #10: November 22, 2019 6:30am PST / 9:30am EST / 2:30pm UTC / 3:30pm CEST
Participants have received a calendar invite with a link.
- Aragon Network Budget brainstorm [Louis]
- What do we expect from a budget?
- What qualities we want it to have?
- Aragon Network Strategy report udpate (optional)
- KPIs we should focus on
Notes on discussions
Organization related KPIs. - Activity is one KPI, txn volume of all apps in the org - This tells us about the traction of Aragon - Total AUM - Amount of ANT held - Orgs are stakeholders of the community - If you buy ANT to try to game the app mining, you pay for it
It is important to be able to communicate that in a clear and succint way is going to be important to play the game.
AUM vs. Activity volume. What is their respective impact on ANT price?
- You need activity volume to generate fees with services such as Aragon Chain. Assets under management is an indirect KPI to the trust people have in the platform.
A growth KPI could be taken into account somewhere. To incentivize getting more organizations to participate.
Activity cannot be tracked as a per app basis. Some apps will have by default high volumes, some less. Its the organization score that matters and is split among all apps.
Blockstack app mining is very heavily distributed towards top 5 apps 77% of all rewards.
- This is something we may want to rethink. Maybe based on app scores rather than exponential distribution. In that case application score itself is a percentage of the whole reward pool.
There is a Futarchy experiment going on right now using ANT price. Maybe we could try to use it with some of the KPIs above.
- Luke feels budget is positive as people start to pay attention to it.
- Joe thinks that we miss the department allocation of the budget.
- Burrrata thinks incentives are weird in the current AGP-103. We need more simple and easy to understand budget.
- Yalda thinks we need more time to come up with a good budget proposal.
- Luis echoes Yalda thoughts on the fact that we need more time.
- Aaron thinks we need different categories of spending for the budget.
- Louis thinks its important to create collaboration spaces.
About the Strategy Working Group - meta discussion
- Bring key stakeholders in the Strategy Working Group
- Use the strategy working group as a stakeholder outreach group
- Use this group more to do research on different strategy topics
- It needs more scope and clarity on authority it has. If it hasnt any authority it is not interesting
- Strategy research that gets funded with ANTs
- The strategy research could become an ANT delegate over time