UX Researcher/Team Leader for Aragon DAC
Aragon is an open source, decentralized, project fighting for the freedom to organize. We believe that decentralized organizations can solve the world's worst problems.
As part of the ongoing efforts to build out the Aragon infrastructure, the Aragon Association is collaborating with Giveth to build out a second core team that will help end-users experiment with the Aragon stack. We're looking for an experienced UX Designer to lead the creation of revolutionary governance modules.
We expect this position to hold a leadership role (different than a management role) in a flat organization.
The first task will be to research TCR's taking special note of input from Jeff, who wants to build a system following this design. Then creating a design spec for this application and executing on that design, working with the DAC Dev team, using reusable components from the aragonUI toolset given the already designed contracts.
The next tasks will likely be of your choosing but integrating Universal Logins while helping to hire and inspire the team which will support the community, doing user research, and managing community contributions are likely to be on your list of priorities.
- Work closely with users to understand and document their needs.
- Hire and inspire core team members, contractors and community members to develop a user focused design approach to Aragon's software stack.
- Translate user requested features and other input from cross-functional teams into storyboards, process flows and wireframe diagrams.
- Identify and troubleshoot existing UX problems.
- Maintain and adhere to style standards on fonts, colors, images, etc.
- Proven experience working in a UX Designer position.
- Ability to translate complex technical processes into clear and intuitive user interfaces.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mature understanding of blockchain technology, DAOs and their political and economic implications, direct experience in the ecosystem is not required.
- Passionate about open source and decentralization.
- Being an autonomous individual with a proactive attitude capable of leading the design efforts on the team.
- Previous experience working with remote teams.
- The ability to travel the world often throughout the year.
Good to Have
- Previous experience contributing to or managing open source projects.
- Previous experience working within a flat hierarchical structure.
- Graphic design skills.
- Previous experience managing remote teams.
- An extroverted and curious communication style.
How to Apply
- Write an email with the following attachments plus any information you consider important to [email protected], with the subject
UX Researcher application.
- Please send your CV, linkedin, and some samples of your work.
- Please tell us why Aragon caught your attention and what excites you about the blockchain space.