All Core Devs Meeting #6
Meeting Date/Time: 2018/09/24
- Appoint note takers
- Griff and Maria
- Introduce team members who haven’t already met each other (~0-10min)
- Altoros/Protofire (Manu and Leonardo): Manu runs the blockchain unit. Build dedicated teams working on different projects
- Aragon One updates from last call and current priorities (~5-10min)
- aragonOS audit update
- Now everything is being audited
- Changes: https://github.com/aragon/aragonOS/wiki/aragonOS-4:-Updates-to-aragonOS-and-aragon-apps
- Sprint updates
- A lot of progress on the finance and voting apps.
- Improve deposit Aragon/design (repo)
- TCR contracts and payroll contracts will need to be updated
- aragonOS audit update
- Aragon DAC updates from last call and current priorities (~5-10min)
- Working on larger bounties/milestones
- The first milestones are up and people working on it
- Jeremy working on the additional provider
- Daniel finishing with the test
- Milestones in DApp to the gitcoin issues
- Liquid pledging into an Aragon app (to work on it as a larger bounty)
- Work on TCR as bounties as well
- Two more people working on doc
- Someone long-term as tech writer/project manager
- Technical freeform discussion
- Griff is talking with Jeff Emmett (https://blog.goodaudience.com/rewriting-the-story-of-human-collaboration-c33a8a4cd5b8) about getting him on helping to build out the TCR
- TCR PoC on github (design, contracts: curation, staking, plcr, registry)
- Aragon.js sandboxing
- Aragon.js: The main issue is inability to communicate between different contracts. They have to switch between different UIs (bad UX)
- Manu and team: will take a look at this issue to see what they can propose
- Arthur: have it be 3 apps but intro an additional wrapper. Or one app to interact with multiple contract.
- Bingen: all actions should be mixed in the frontend
- Jorge: we will need a way to have frontend-only apps. Metadata into DAOs
- Luke: one to many relationships
- Is not a priority for A1 as none of the current apps have this issue
- Manu: we one to call from one app methods from another app? The team will require time to review this
- Brett: Aragon.js give info back assuming that you only need one contract
- Arthur will begin taking a look at this
- Dependencies: we should define the interfaces. The app center would need this.
- Arthur: may make sense to have contract classes. To what degree is the modularity is going to be used by non-tech people during app construction?
- Bingen: it depends but the less the user knows about the underlying abstractions the better
Proposed deprecation strategy for aragonOS 3 DAOs on Rinkeby (see AGP)
- We are going to deploy the new AragonOS to rinkeby by October 8th or 9th, and a new frontend release as well. That’s when we will notify people that the old Aragon orgs won’t work anymore.
- Q: do we have any tracking of people that use the frontend?
- Jorge: we have the events that get to the chain, we have some views to check that. But we should have more granular analytics by the time we get to mainnet.
- Brett: it seems like we could write some scripts to see the events of the voting app (and see who is voting what).
- No objections
Github milestone organization based on Aragon One / DAC
- Start marking milestones with A1/DAC
- Q: We are excited about helping Aragon achieve milestones, and we can work on the milestones that A1 have coming up in the future before A1 gets there.
- Brett: We also hope that the DAC can have their own features and issues that they want to prioritize
Building Giveth on Aragon
- Q: the dapp has some real issues and causes unnecessary overhead sometimes we are excited to build the dapp on Aragon
- Griff: The Giveth DApp Team is probably going to get funding from RSK and will go more towards focusing on existing non-profits then DAOs for charity. We hope to use redesigning Giveth as working as an Aragon App as a secondary goal, to give us perspective on what we need to work on to make it easy to build on Aragon.
- Base initial milestone on estimated deliverable (work required, time required, skill)
- With data from previous milestones, adjust next milestones’ weighting