All Core Devs Meeting #7
Meeting Date/Time: 2018/10/08 at 16:00 UTC
- Appoint note takers - Griff
- Introduce team members who haven’t already met each other
- Aragon One updates from last call and current priorities (~5-10min)
- Pushing to mainnet!
- Voting: few more updates but almost done
- Token Manager and Finance app being worked on in parallel
- DAO Kits upgraded to v4
- Can easily make testing env’s
- Lorikeet :-D
- Deprecation banner will soon be up… you better know your old DAOs will die…
- Luis is reviving Aragon Desktop!
- Electron App for running DAOs
- Decentralizes much better
- Not a priority now…. But we will see!
- Pushing to mainnet!
- Aragon DAC updates from last call and current priorities (~5-10min)
- Wrapping up tests and the engine
- Tagging issues with
DACthat we are working on.
- Looking for more work…. What can we do to best do to push to mainnet?
- Eventually we will get a UX person to start our own projects… but for now we push to mainnet
- Chris is using hypothesis (ask griff for link) to annotate issues.
- Would like to start making tutorials… what are some good tutorials to start with?
- Protofire updates from last call and current priorities (~5-10min)
- First milestone for Payroll almost done… few more days
- Kit questions :-P
- Scoping next milestone currently.
- DELFI!!! :-D Working on the secret Lorikeet project
- Argentinian super star
- Working on landing page now
- Front end dev, here to help!
- Technical freeform discussion
- Low hanging fruit for DAC to attack?
aragon.js issue prioritization
- Pull requests for Aragon.js have some comments to review
- Will be reviewed this week
- We can review internally.
- Does the DAC have some React skills to hack on some things?
- Daniel is familiar with react, but no one right now has it as a primary skill
- Protofire has serious react skills
- The documentation is a little sparse for what needs to be done, but Multisig app might be a place to start.
- ACTION: SECOND CALL!!!!!!!!!
- Issue 315 on the permission flow… metamask will supposedly start to work on this… but the spec keep changing… there is EIP 1102 - wallet providers leak the accounts, so now metamask will require people to request permission to inject web 3 (to avoid the leak)
- Jouni can look at the UX
- Manuel is working on "Nifty Wallet" wallet and maybe these guys can help
- Continue talking on github!
- What are these kits used for?
- Which ones were meant for the CLI?
- They were originally developed outside of the CLI
- For some of the production kits, we would have a bad CLI experience…. Some kits might not make sense any more…
- These kits for sure make sense:
- Many kits were really just for us to do testing… we dont need to do them any more and we should think of a better way to create testing DAOs with mock data
- DAO kit repo should be trimmed down to just useful things.
- Q is down to migrate out dev and demo.
- Pierre says: https://research.aragon.org/t/should-templates-be-apps/225
- Local templates to see how things work are important.
- Improving kit support is a great idea.
- The easy way to do demos and tests is hard to document… so improving this is important.
- Payroll is a complex kit… it probably doesn’t need it?
- Should every Production AragonApp have kits
- Awkward silence :-D
- Should we have a kit for each app?
- What is the overall strategy for these kits?!
- Protofire kit PR: protofire/dao-kits!1
- There is the initial tutorial… GREAT!
- Maybe we should be adding more tutorials to the end of this :-D
- Should it be leading people to play with more apps? Create apps?
- What do you guys think?
- Protofire could make a tutorial for the payroll app!
- Providing steps and a loose outline, Chris could make a full tutorial out of it ;-D
- It will probably have multiple parts… or could even be multiple tutorials.
- Best practices and other things can be put into this :-D
- Jorge put this together: https://hack.aragon.org/docs/aragonos-building.html
- Voting App Tutorial :-D
- Video is being made… but it’s a little slow going
- Could be put into text as well… if he permits
- Luis has derek’s markups outs…
- Fundraising tutorial…. Could be brought to life as a tutorial.
- MAKE IT FUN! :-D Include bounties, contests, or other incentive mechanisms to get people to go through the tutorials
Opening up Core Devs call to public (see suggested process)
- Take agenda items by email
- Give new contributors a voice!
- Maybe github is a better option?
- Github doesn’t have a direct message feature, we want to let them come in to join the call! Active participation!
- Discuss on the github :-D
- Next meeting might be using Jitsi, zoom or something that isn’t google :vomit:
Payroll contracts status update
- Updated to aragon4, made the kit
- Contracts don’t have any major changes
- Tackled screens one at a time
- We can check if there will be any other changes
- Upgrades should be graceful
- Integrations for the first milestone should be done in a couple days.