Skip to content

All Core Devs Meeting #18

Meeting Date/Time: 2019/03/18 at 16:00 UTC

Audio/Video of the meeting

Agenda

  • Appoint note takers (Daniel, Facu)
  • Introduce team members who haven’t already met each other (~0-10min)
  • Aragon One updates from last call and current priorities (~5-10min)
  • Aragon Autark updates from last call and current priorities (~5-10min)
  • CLI team updates from last call and current priorities (~5-10min)
  • Technical freeform discussion
  • Consensys Diligence updates

Proposed Topics

  • aragonCLI restructuring (Pando)
  • aragonAPI restructuring (Pando)
  • Apiary review (Pando)
  • Maximum size of an AragonApp contract (Autark)
  • Technical improvements to aragonOS for Planning Suite (Autark)
  • Identity providers
  • Determining how best to allocate dev work for overlapping initiatives (e.g. individual identity/rich profiles/organization identity) (Autark)

Notes

Aragon One updates

  • Last two weeks organisational stuff
    • EthCC
    • Internal off-site
    • Quarterly planning
    • High level targets
  • User adoption is low!
    • Scout dashboards are available to track some key metrics
    • Focus on adoption in the upcoming quarter
  • Aragon 0.7 release
    • Local Identity
    • App Center
    • More responsiveness
    • Contract updates (with app centre)
      • ERC20 Token compatibility
      • Plumbing and infrastructure related changes
  • Advances in the court
    • Human readable description
    • Changes will be updated in forum
    • Should be open-sourced soon

Autark & OWL updates

  • Implemented cypress for E2E testing
  • Implementing the address badge component
  • Technical spec for profile app
  • Researching 3box implementation due to lack of signing capabilities
  • Projects app contract bug from aragonOS upgrade (upper gas limit)
    • Temporarily pinned aragonOS to a lower version
    • Would be useful to know the max size of an Aragon app contract

Aragon CLI

  • New version of the CLI released 5.5
  • Two new commands
    • apm info
    • apm packages
  • Documentation update regarding new features
    • How to publish
  • Internal repo changes -> move to a mono-repo
  • E2E testing

ConsenSys Diligence

  • Supported AuthIO with their audit
  • Preparing to audit upcoming PRs (apps #702 #710)
  • Looking forward to getting more insights into the dev process

aragonCLI restructuring

  • Currently “monolithic”
  • How do we want to make it more extendible
  • Oliver + Daniel to discuss this further and share insights at next All Devs

aragonAPI restructuring

  • Tied to CLI (previous point)
  • Oliver will send an invite to a call to discuss this tomorrow
  • Relates to the aragonCLI restructuring topic

Apiary review (Pando)

  • We’re almost done with smart contracts.
  • In two weeks they should be done.
  • Internal review could start
  • The frontend should follow

Maximum AragonApp contract size

  • Planning app is an example of a “maximalist” app.
  • We monitor gas increases in aragonOS
  • Planning (or projects?) app already reaches the 8 million gas limit
  • Jorge suggested adding a test to ensure a basic contract inheriting from AragonApp does not exceed a certain amount of gas
  • Brett will create an issue for this

Technical improvements to aragonOS for That Planning Suit

  • To be discussed offline between Brett & Arthur

Identity providers

  • It may be interesting to have a dropdown menu to select the recipient of a transfer for example.
    • The app should be responsible of rendering the labels besides of what the provider returns for an address.
    • We need to think how this will fit in every place we are dealing with an address.
  • There may be some security implications on caching identities
    • @diligence team offered some help analyzing/discussing caching strategies
  • Link to initial identity spec

Determining how best to allocate dev work for overlapping initiatives (e.g. individual identity/rich profiles/organization identity)

  • Yalda to schedule call with Luis on Home app

Attendance

A1:Brett, Daniel, Gorka, Daniel N., Facu, Jorge, Bingen, Maria, Pierre

CLI team: Daniel and Gabi

Autark: Yalda, Arthur, Kevin, Radek

Open Work Labs: John Schwartz

Consensys Diligence: Martin (tintinweb), John

Pando: Olivier

License

This template is borrowed from the Ethereum All Core Devs call notes template and inherits the same CC-BY-SA 3.0 License.